The Old Powerhouse was built in 1899 by the Utica Gold Mining Company.
It was built out of local Rhyolite stone with walls 3 feet thick and was used to generate electricity to power the nearby gold mines.
The Powerhouse was in use from 1899 to 1952 when it was decommissioned.
The structure was left empty and became derelict in the 1980’s.
The building and surrounding 22 acres was purchased and rebuilt as a home in 2003.
For further detailed information click on The Calaveras link below.